There is currently no microwave at my house and there is literally nothing more frustrating than that when you have leftovers and need to reheat it but can't. Really, I've been eating cold frittatas (what a fun word to say FRI-TTA-TA) and these muffins straight from the fridge.
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2-3 tbsp molasses (see notes)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup + 3 tbsp cinnamon applesauce (or applesauce + 1/2 tsp cinnamon)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a muffin tin or line with liners.
- Mix together the wet ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in the dry ingredients and stir until combined using a spatula.
- Spoon out about 1/4 cup of batter for each muffin cup, amount varies by how large the muffin cups are. Fill any empty muffin cups with about 1/4 cup water.
- Bake for about 20 to 24 minutes. I baked mine for 22 minutes.
- Makes about 9 muffins
- I originally used 3 tbsp molasses but felt like it was too much, so I adjusted the recipe for 2 tbsp instead.
- Put in any ground spices (nutmeg, allspice, cloves, ginger) for gingerbread muffins.